In this blog you will learn about Gulet Boats:
- What is a gulet boat and what are the given services?
- How much does it cost to rent a gulet boat in Europe?
- What are the conditions to rent a gulet boat?
- What is usually included in a gulet boat rental price?
- What is not included in the charter rate?
- What are the ways to save money if you want to charter a gulet boat?
A gulet boat is a wooden motorboat, with one-two masts and sails, cabins with ensuite facilities, a saloon, a separate crew area, and spacious open decks perfect for the guests to relax, socialize, have good time and leisure. Gulet boats have different sizes from 15 to 50 metres and from 2-18 cabins. When you compare gulet with other yacht types;
– They are cheaper, because they include services like having a chef onboard, cleaning of the yacht and mostly include also fuel.
– They have more room on the yacht compared with equivalent sized yacht types.
– There can be a sailing experience according to yacht’s equipments and crew’s capabilities.
Although the gulets are popular in Turkish yachting, risingly gulet boats are exported or used to be rented out in other parts of the world, such as Croatia, Greece or Italy. The numbers are not big. But if you tried a gulet holiday before, then you can visit other places as well with the same style of holiday.
The prices for gulet rentals are usually indicated per day or per week in Euro currency. That’s the way it is in the industry.
Ofcourse there is a difference in pricing between different sailing areas and countries. In Turkey, gulet charter prices are starting from 4000 Euros/week and up. For other destinations, because of less yacht options, the daily gulet boat prices are starting from 1000 Euros.
The conditions of a gulet charter is to get a week tour at least. So the tour programs start either Friday, Saturday or Sunday according to yacht’s program. There may be some gap in the program or in the early season, so it can be possible to book the boat otherwise, less than a week or starting and ending differently. Boats also have a base port, so they prefer to start and end from this port, in different situations they can also come to different ports but not always. As the yacht is with crew and its own insurance, the booking doesn’t require a deposit payment. But if there are any damages caused by the guests, they are obliged to pay for the loss.
In these gulet boats, you can also join a cabin charter for certain weeks. So at this point, you will be attending in a group and each program has different inclusions and exclusions.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE FOR PRIVATE GULET BOAT
* Accommodation on the gulet in double or twin or triple cabins
* Crew service
* Fuel, harbour fees, transit log & related formalities for the shipping agents, cleaning, service
* Use standard yacht equipment and water sports
* Meals and drinks are can be included or not included
* Yacht insurance.
* Clean bed linen, bath towels, beach towels,
* Air conditioning (if the boat has ofcourse, usage time according to the capacity of the generators matters)
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE FOR PRIVATE GULET BOAT
* Tip for the crew (5-10% of the charter fee).
* Archaeological sites and national parks entrance fees.
* Optional land tours and personal expenses are not included.
* Guests need to have their own individual travel insurance.
* Flights, airport transfers, and other transfers are not included.
* If the watersports require fuel, then fuel expense will be extra.
Saving money from the gulet charter rates is possible with early booking or finding a special week to be offered because of a change of plans or a cancellation. Similarly, when the yachts are new to market, they give promotional prices, so you can ask us for these options as well.
You can click here for Instagram.
You can click here for Facebook.
Private Gulet Boats click please here.